From: AUDITORY - Research in Auditory Perception [mailto:AUDITORY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Peter P.
Sent: Thursday, October 25, 2018 3:48 AM
To: AUDITORY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Non-DoD Source] Re: Moving the AUDITORY list?

Dear Roy,

* Roy D. Patterson <rdp1@xxxxxxxxx> [2018-10-25 06:07]:
[...]
> Having followed the discussion on the list with interest, I think
> migrating to Google Groups is a reasonable option,
Can you give the reasons that support this option?

[...]
> Dear List members who have participated in the discussion:
>
> I appreciate the reasoned arguments you have put forward, but I think
> you have not given enough weight to the advantages of the solution
> that Dan proposes.
More weight has been given that can I can extract from this your mail.
Alternatives have been suggested, criticism has been expressed (to which you have no replies so far), and people have even offered to host/admin the list.

> If he does actually have time to implement the move to Google Groups,
> I think we should accept the offer with our sincere thanks. We have
> every reason to believe that he will provide us with a solution that
> will work well for most people. To start afresh with a new volunteer
> manager involves considerable risk.
Have you managed mailing lists yourself? Can you back up your last point here?
I would it rephrase as follows. We have every reasong to believe that moving the list to a google product involves considerable risks. Namely to the freedom of information and to our privacy. This is 2018, these things matter now.

Peter
CLASSIFICATION: UNCLASSIFIED