[AUDITORY] Postdoc opportunity - Carney Lab, Rochester, NY, USA

Dear Auditory List,

    We have openings for one or two post-doctoral fellows in the areas of auditory physiology, psychophysics, and computational modeling. We are currently exploring new models for neural coding of speech and other complex sounds, inspired by the properties of auditory midbrain neurons.

    Our lab is in the Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of Rochester, New York, USA. Support is provided by ongoing NIH grants.

Diverse applicants are encouraged to apply – Please send a CV and names of references to Laurel.Carney@xxxxxxxxxxxxx. A PhD and research experience in one or more of the areas listed above is desired.

Laurel H. Carney, PhD

Marylou Ingram Professor of Biomedical Engineering

Departments of Biomedical Engineering, Neuroscience, and Electrical & Computer Engineering

University of Rochester, Rm 5-6438; 601 Elmwood Ave, Box 603

Rochester NY 14642;  585-276-3948; www.urmc.rochester.edu/labs/Carney-Lab/