Re: [AUDITORY] Registered reports

Dear list,

Alright, I'll do the grumpy old man.

Seeing how little attention people pay to the conversation while at the same time feeling entitled to voice an opinion is a little bit disconcerting. A striking example is how some decided to use a gendered title (Mr) for someone, without even bothering to check their gender. In fact, even after Gaston offered a correction, people still used the wrong title... (I think it is "beyond ridiculous" that anyone would use titles on the Auditory List, especially if they're gonna get it wrong)

If the same lack of care is applied to studying the literature, perhaps indeed, we shouldn't support a system that could generate even more reports that people won't read. On the other hand, if the same lack of care is applied to peer-review, then the old system is already broken (and perhaps pre-registration would bring a little bit of fresh air). In fact, if the same lack of care is applied to reading CVs when recruiting people, forming panels, or choosing speakers to invite for a conference, for sure we've been doomed for quite a while now...

Cheers,
-Etienne

--
Etienne Gaudrain, PhD

Centre de Recherche en Neurosciences de Lyon - CNRS UMR 5292
Université Lyon 1
50 av. Tony Garnier
69366 Lyon Cedex 7, FR

UMCG, Afdeling KNO, BB20