[AUDITORY] MAPS summer school -- reminder

Dear colleagues,

we are happy to announce the MAPS summer school in Groningen.
MAPS stresses the multi-disciplinary expertise needed for the research on speech, and aims at stimulating skills in translational neuroscience for research on speech perception.

MAPS (Multiple Approaches to the Perception of Speech) summer school

Groningen, The Netherlands, 9-13 July 2018
Application due: 1 May 2018

You don’t hear the difference between bad and bed? Rather than a hearing problem, this is a problem of speech perception. During the MAPS summer school, we will explore how our experience, language, age, social network and physical environment shape our perception of speech. From a multi-disciplinary perspective, we will look into how speech perception is sustained in cortical and subcortical networks, how speech is coded (in the ear and in cochlear implants), and how speech perception research can be designed to capture the sensory, cognitive and social aspects of speech.

This summer school is intended for Research Master students, PhDs, MdPhD and practitioners with coursework or research experience with speech, hearing or language. Basic knowledge of cognitive psychology and neuroscience is recommended.

Speakers:
-       Prof. Anne Cutler
-       Dr. Sam Evans
-       Prof. Elia Formisano
-       Prof. Sonja Kotz
-       Dr. Shiri Lev-Ari
-       Prof. Steven van de Par
-       Dr. Helen Nuttall
-       Dr. Jaime Undurraga

Organizing committee (University of Groningen):
-       Dr. Anita Wagner
-       Dr. Terrin Tamati
-       Dr. Simone Sprenger

For further information: https://www.rug.nl/education/summer-winter-schools/summer_schools_2018/maps/