Re: [AUDITORY] Measuring perceptual similarity

Hi Pat,

do you want to run subjective tests:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MUSHRA

or objective tests:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PEAQ
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/POLQA

?

Cheers,
Goran

On 12 March 2018 at 01:24, Pat Savage <patsavagenz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Dear Auditory list (apologies for cross-posting),

After years of doing feature-based analyses of musical similarity, I finally have the opportunity to run perceptual experiments to obtain data on perceptual similarity with which to compare feature-based analyses against.

Since this is a new area for me, I’d like to make sure that I don’t reinvent the wheel or miss good existing experimental paradigms. Can anyone point me towards good resources for best practices in running perceptual similarity experiments?

Cheers,
---
Dr. Patrick Savage
Project Associate Professor
Faculty of Environment and Information Studies
Keio University SFC (Shonan Fujisawa Campus)
http://PatrickESavage.com