Re: [AUDITORY] Hearing loss criteria for older adults

Dear Arley,

It surprises me somewhat that nobody mentioned ISO 7029: Acoustics - Statistical distribution of hearing thresholds as a function of age. That standard gives some idea of what amount of hearing loss could be considered as 'normal', given a certain age. E.g. Table C1 appears to show that 10% of males aged 70 have hearing thresholds at 8 kHz of 22 dB HL or below. Yours to decide whether these are is 'normal'.

HTH
Yours,

-Gaston.

@Chas: Funny coincidence I just the paper you mentioned yesterday!