Re: [AUDITORY] Research Question

This might not be what you're looking for, but have you heard about infrasound? Sounds with frequencies less than 20Hz, so less than what is typically audible to humans. However some people can still detect it, and often report feelings of unease / fear. It has been attributed as being the potential cause of several ghost stories and haunted houses. Wikipedia has a decent article on it.

James

James O'Sullivan,
Post-doctoral Researcher,
Columbia University.