[AUDITORY] Job opportunity at Widex R&D, Denmark

Dear list,

If relevant to you, please have a look at this job opportunity in the ”Algorithm & Sound” team at the Danish hearing-aid manufacturer Widex.

--

What we Offer

 We offer the opportunity to join an experienced team at Widex Global Research and Development, with focus exploiting state-of-the-art signal processing for audiological purposes, primarily in hearing aids. We work in all stages of development from research to implementation. We offer professional development of the competences needed for you to contribute to the creation of the best hearing aids in the world. Widex hearing aids are renowned for their quality and their persistent emphasis on delivering clear and natural sound. Signal processing algorithms are developed in-house, and the main task in this position is to combine knowledge about technical audiology, signal processing and hearing. All this with the purpose of innovation and optimization of the audiological performance of hearing-aid features for individuals hearing-aid users. The team consists of about 35 skilled colleagues within DSP algorithms and technical audiology.

 Your responsibilities

You will be part of either specialized or cross-functional development teams following agile work principles. The work pushes the limits of the technology and we expect you to contribute to the ground-breaking performance of our world-class hearing aids for the benefit of hearing-aids users.

Key tasks include:

Invention, proof-of-concept and prototyping of solutions for technical audiology or fitting of features.

 Specification, parameter investigation and settings of sound features

 Understanding user needs and exploring the challenges of hearing-aid users.

 Assuring high level of quality level in implementation and documentation for handover implementation and test in hearing aid platforms and fitting software.

You

You are driven by curiosity in the search for the best and most innovative solutions for people who are challenged in acoustic communication. You have skills to contribute to the advancement of high quality hearing-aid platforms and technical audiological solutions. You work comfortably and efficiently in teams having a common goal. You are creative when facing complex problems.

Requirements are:

M.Sc., Ph.D. or equivalent within the fields of audio signal processing, audiology or hearing sciences.

 Proficiency in Matlab.

 Fluency in written and spoken English

Desired qualifications are experience within:

 Digital signal processing

 Audiological solutions for hearing-aid fitting

 Acoustics and acoustic measurements,

 Psychoacoustics and listening tests

 Hearing loss compensation strategies

Join Widex

Please submit your application as soon as possible, but no later than November 6th, 2017. We will screen and invite candidates for interviews on an ongoing basis. If you require further information about this position, please contact: Morten Løve Jepsen, Team Leader – Algorithm & Sound via e-mail: moje@xxxxxxxxx

--

You can apply via this link

https://candidate.hr-manager.net/ApplicationInit.aspx?cid=227&ProjectId=180912&DepartmentId=21668&MediaId=5

Med venlig hilsen / Best wishes

Morten Løve Jepsen

Team Leader, Ph.D

Algorithms and Sound

Global Research and Development, Widex A/S

Mobile phone: +45 2565 7521

Direct: +45 4435 6253

E-mail: moje@xxxxxxxxx

This email, inclusive of attachments, is intended for the person(s) stated above and contains information that may be confidential, privileged or otherwise exempt from disclosure. Unauthorized reading, disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this information may violate rights to proprietary information.
If you are not an intended recipient, please return this email to the sender and delete your copy.
Thank you.