[AUDITORY] Sounds and artificial reality

Dear List,

I thought you might enjoy this, which a colleague just shared with me… some interesting work at the intersection of acoustics, technology, and art.  The video at the top of the page is pretty neat.

https://www.wired.com/story/an-artist-uses-an-iphone-to-visualize-sounds-in-ar/

(Note: When I play it in Chrome I hear the sounds, but when I play it in Internet Explorer I don’t.)

Regards,

Ani Patel

Aniruddh D. Patel

Professor, Dept. of Psychology, Tufts University

Senior Fellow, Canadian Institute for Advanced Research (CIFAR)

Azrieli Program in Brain, Mind, & Consciousness

http://ase.tufts.edu/psychology/people/patel/