[AUDITORY] Call for Ménière's Disease Grants Applications

 Call for Ménière's Disease Grants Applications

Hearing Health Foundation (HHF) is excited to announce a new research grants program, focused on advancing our understanding of Ménière's Disease, the inner ear and balance disorder.

 HHF is requesting research proposals that will significantly advance our understanding of disease mechanisms, or diagnosis and treatment of Ménière's Disease. Areas of interest include the mechanisms of endolymphatic hydrops including mechanisms of cochlear fluid regulation; genetics; the creation of animal models; vertigo; vestibular migraines; the imaging of hydrops; and etiology, diagnosis, and treatment.

ELIGIBLE APPLICANTS:

  • Possess an M.D., Ph.D., Au.D., or equivalent degree;
  • Conduct research at an institution within the U.S.
  • Apply for funds only for the proposed project.
  • Indicate how the proposed project will significantly advance our understanding of disease mechanisms, or diagnosis and treatment of Ménière's Disease.

INELIGIBLE APPLICANTS:

  • Graduate and medical students.
  • Researchers at institutions outside of the U.S.

Have a question?
Email us at grants@xxxxxxx or call us at 212-257-6140.

INSTRUCTIONS AND DEADLINES:

  • Please visit hhf.org/menieres-disease-grants for application instructions
  • Application deadline: Sept 1, 2017
  • Late applications will not be considered.
  • Projects outside the scope of Ménière's Disease will not be considered.

OTHER NOTABLE POINTS:

  • Grants up to $50,000 per year per research project, a maximum of two years of support ($100,000 total) will be awarded. Second year of support is contingent on submission and review of a one-year progress report.
  • Senior investigators, including those with NIH funding, are eligible to apply.
  • Individuals who have received prior DRF/HHF funding are eligible to apply.

363 7th Avenue, 10th Floor, New York, NY 10001