[AUDITORY] Medical Research Council Senior Research Fellows in Hearing

Dear list

The Medical Research Council (MRC) have released details of Senior Research Fellows in Hearing.

https://www.mrc.ac.uk/funding/browse/senior-fellowships-in-hearing-research/mrc-senior-fellowships-in-hearing-research/

These are for researchers with a track record of leading their own independent research, across all areas of science relating to auditory processing and sensory degeneration in hearing disorders.  The aim of the scheme is to foster scientists with the vision and the ability to drive change in the field of hearing research in the UK.

Each fellowship is £1.25-£2.5m, over 5 years. The scheme is open to candidates worldwide.

The MRC Institute of Hearing Research at the University of Nottingham is seeking to host fellows under this scheme. We are seeking fellows who will benefit substantially from being located in a high-profile, interdisciplinary research unit focussed on basic and applied auditory science under the common aim of addressing and alleviating hearing disorders. Fellows will be able to take full advantage of our breadth of laboratories and support facilities. We have close links with the Hearing theme of the NIHR Nottingham Biomedical Research Centre, providing us with unique strengths as a centre for basic-to-translational auditory research for the benefit of patients, and with the Sir Peter Mansfield Imaging Centre which has world-class scanning facilities

You may choose to be located at our main unit in University of Nottingham or at our Scottish Section in Glasgow. In either case, the University of Nottingham has committed to transferring Fellows to permanent academic contracts at the end of the Fellowship period (subject to performance).

If you are interested in joining us here at the MRC Institute of Hearing Research, please contact me.

Yours

Michael

Professor Michael A Akeroyd

Director, MRC Institute of Hearing Research

& Professor of Hearing Sciences, University of Nottingham School of Medicine

University Park

Nottingham NG7 2RD

United Kingdom

0115 9223431 / 0115 74-86982