[AUDITORY] monotoSTEREO.info Website Updates...

Greetings!

As we approach the two and a half year anniversary of my website, monotoSTEREO.info, going live, I thought I’d provide some updates…

For those not familiar with the website, it is dedicated to providing a collection of resources for individuals interested in upmixing older mono musical recordings to stereo through the use of spectral editing and/or sound source separation. The website has now been visited over 14,000 times by individuals in 121 countries!  Your continued interest is sincerely appreciated!

There are now a total of 31 tools featured on the TOOLS [A-I] and TOOLS [L-Z] pages.

Of particular interest to researchers, there are now links to over 1,140 research papers, presentation, etc. in the field on the RESEARCH pages of the website!

I continue to update the CONFERENCES page, where I list upcoming conferences, conventions, trade shows, etc. in the field. Your suggestions for additions to this page are always appreciated!

Be sure to visit the MEDIA pages of the website, where there are now links to 75 full-length examples of mono recordings (currently from as far back as 1930!) which have been upmixed to stereo through the use of spectral editing and/or sound source separation! For your convenience, here are the direct links to each MEDIA page:

The RELEASED page highlights a number of commercially released compact discs which include music which has been upmixed from mono to stereo through the use of spectral editing and/or sound source separation.

Please be sure to use the CONTACT page to let me know your thoughts about the website, as well as this technology. Your comments, suggestions, and questions are always most welcome!

I’d also like to remind everyone that there is a companion Facebook page for the website where I post information about updates to the website, as well as related content. Be sure to “Like” our Facebook page to follow it for updates!

As always, I hope that you find the website interesting, informative, useful, and thought provoking!