[AUDITORY] Looking for literature regarding level effect in spatial perception

Dear all,

I have recently been trying to initiate some experiment investigating into level-dependent nonlinearity in various stages of (binaural) spatial audio perception, all the way from the HRTF stage to the internal representation / perception. I don’t consider myself as so bad in Googling and literature searching, but I haven’t come across a good number of related papers around so far. So if you know any related resource in these following topics, would you please share it here?

·         Level dependency of HRTF measurement
·         Level-dependent nature of any kind of spatial perception, particularly in relation to nonlinear operation of bottom-up processing (e.g., basilar membrane) – for example source localisation, or width perception

Last year I made some investigations into the effect of presentation level on the internal perception of ILD by means of a ITD-ILD trading lateralisation task. And these were based on some findings in 1950s, because I couldn’t find more recent relevant papers! I’m now trying to expand this towards other aspects of spatial perception. So it would be great if any of you could share your expertise in these topics.

Best regards,

"Ryan" Chungeun Kim Ph.D.

Research Associate

Dyson School of Design Engineering