Re: [AUDITORY] loudspeaker recommendations

Hi Maria,

in our lab in Vienna, we just got a new 90-channel loudspeaker array planned and installed by an Austrian audio engineering company called Sonible. They tested a bunch of coaxial speakers (from Tannoy, KS Digital, and KEF) and favored the KEF e301 and LS50, that is, the same speakers as Bob Rao suggested, especially because these speakers have a particularly stable directivity and frequency response at crossover frequencies between the exterior low-/mid-frequency driver and the interior high-frequency driver. If you have any detailed questions regarding these speakers you could just contact them (contact@xxxxxxxxxxx). I’m probably biased because they are close friends, but I believe they are very responsive. If not, let me know! ;-)

Hope this helps,
Robert

—
Robert Baumgartner, PhD

Experimental Audiology and Psychoacoustics
Acoustics Research Institute
Austrian Academy of Sciences, Vienna, Austria

Visiting Scholar
Hearing Research Center and
Center for Research in Sensory Communication
   and Emerging Neural Technology
Boston University, Boston, MA