Re: [AUDITORY] loudspeaker recommendations

Obviously with a single speaker you are not looking at spatial matters, but spatial matters have some bearing on the perception of your spectrally rich soundscapes. Is the soundproof booth actually anechoic? - if not, (and presuming it's small) there will be frequency dependent effects (of reflections at some frequencies) and so the signal measured at the eardrums would not be the same as that measured at the speaker.

I do agree with other commentators that coaxial ought to be best, though again, if not anechoic, the results of different dispersion characteristics for different frequencies might be confounding.

regards

ppl

Dr. Peter Lennox SFHEA

Senior Lecturer in Perception

College of Arts, Humanities and Education

School of Arts

e: p.lennox@xxxxxxxxxxx

t: 01332 593155

https://derby.academia.edu/peterlennox