[AUDITORY] Decibel Therapeutics: seeking Clinical Scientist, Hearing Research

Hi all - I wanted to share a job opening at Decibel Therapeutics (Cambridge, MA) for a hearing scientist. The role has some flexibility and could be molded to be suitable for either a master's or PhD level person. More experienced candidates can be given increasing level of responsibility.

Summary of the job description to follow - please email me at elarsen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx if you have an interest or would like to learn more, and I will share the full JD. Feel free to forward this to any other potentially interested people.

Decibel Therapeutics is an early stage biotech focused on discovering and developing drugs for hearing disorders. See www.decibeltx.com for more information.

Thanks,

Erik

Position Overview & Responsibilities:

Decibel Therapeutics is taking on the mission of creating a robust product development pipeline for hearing disorders.  This requires heavy lifts on not only the drug development side, but parallel builds related to clinical trial endpoints, trial design and execution, regulatory, marketing and reimbursement infrastructure.  We expect our efforts will result in significant changes in current clinical practice (from diagnostics to prescribing).

As a Clinical Scientist, Hearing Research, reporting to the Senior Director, New Product Planning, and working as an integral member of the Clinical Center of Excellence, you will lead the development and execution of audiometric data analysis, contribute to clinical study designs, and conduct internal clinical research projects. You will also be intimately involved in building a clinical data analysis and management program within Decibel. This role requires expertise in biomedical signal processing and analysis, software programming, and research (preferably clinical).

Key responsibilities include:

-          Lead development and implementation of data analytic approaches for clinical audiometric data

-          In collaboration with the Information Technology & Data Sciences team, build a well-documented, scalable and flexible approach to internal audiometric data analysis and data management

-          Participate in the conduct of in-house clinical studies with human research participants. Activities will include experimental design, collection, and analysis of behavioral and physiologic data

Experience and requirements to be shared with the full JD upon request.