Octave equivalence in speech perception

Dear List,

Thanks for the responses to my earlier question about neural mechanisms of octave equivalence.

A follow-up question: is anyone aware of research on OE in speech perception?  The only study I can find is:

Peter, B., Larkin, T., & Stoel-Gammon, C. (2009). Octave-shifted pitch matching in nonword imitations: The effects of lexical stress and speech sound disorders. The Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, 126(4), 1663-1666.

Regards,

Ani Patel

Aniruddh D. Patel

Professor

Dept. of Psychology
Tufts University

490 Boston Ave.

Medford, MA 02155

Senior Fellow

Canadian Institute for Advanced Research (CIFAR)

Azrieli Program in Brain, Mind, & Consciousness

a.patel@xxxxxxxxx

http://ase.tufts.edu/psychology/people/patel/