Two open faculty positions - University of Colorado Department of Physiology

Hi,

  We have TWO open faculty positions in the Department of Physiology & Biophysics at the University of Colorado School of Medicine.  The University has a strong group of sensory neuroscientists working on the auditory system, taste and smell and the visual  system.  The Department of Physiology & Biophysics in particular houses several faculty that are actively investigating issues in auditory neuroscience.  As such we would particularly encourage applications from those individuals that are actively conducting  cutting edge auditory neuroscience research.  The formal job ad is below, but if anybody has any particular questions they can feel free to contact me directly.

-----------------

TWO FACULTY POSITIONS IN NEUROSCIENCE/PHYSIOLOGY
The Department of Physiology and Biophysics at the University of Colorado School of Medicine is seeking to fill two tenure-track Assistant Professor positions in the areas of Neuroscience/Physiology. The positions include one each in:

  1)	        Systems Neuroscience/Physiology, Posting number 06393
  2)         Computational Neuroscience/Physiology, Posting number 06445

The applicant’s research program should address fundamental physiological questions and complement and/or extend the Department’s existing research strengths in nervous and cardiovascular system function (www.medschool.ucdenver.edu/physiology). For the Systems position, we especially encourage applications from experimentalists using state-of-the-art optical approaches and advanced light microscopy in in vivo animal models. For the Computational position, the applicant’s research program should strongly emphasize the use of mathematical and modeling methods. Physiological problems addressed may be at the systems, cellular, or molecular level. We expect appointees to conduct vigorous independent research and to participate in professional and graduate teaching and training.
Applicants must have a Ph.D. and/or M.D. degree and appropriate post-doctoral research experience to establish an independent research program and obtain extramural funding. Review of applications will begin on October 15, 2016 and will continue until the position is filled.
To review the full position announcement and apply online, applicants should search for the above posting numbers at www.cu.edu/cu-careers under “Search for Career Opportunities”.

Daniel J. Tollin, PhD
Professor

University of Colorado School of Medicine
Department of Physiology & Biophysics/Mail Stop 8307
Research Complex 1-N, Rm 7106
12800 East 19th Ave
Aurora, CO 80045

Tel: 303-724-0625