Research Engineer in sensor integration for Eriksholm Research Centre, Oticon A/S

Research Engineer in sensor integration for Eriksholm Research Centre, Oticon A/S

The Eriksholm Research Centre, situated in Snekkersten, Denmark, is seeking to fill a temporary position for a research engineer in sensor integration. Eriksholm Research Centre is part of Oticon A/S.

Learn more about Eriksholm Research Centre: www.eriksholm.com

This full-time position (37 hours/week) is available from 1st September 2016. Salary will be according to qualifications and experience. The main part of the research work will be carried out at the Eriksholm Research Centre, Denmark.

About the position

We are seeking a skilled engineer (MSc or PhD) with experience from hardware development projects in a research setting. You will work on integrating state-of-the art sensors into hearing aid technology. The position is a one-year temporary position, with possibilities of continuation.

Recent studies have shown that the Electroencephalogram (EEG) can have applications in hearing instrumentation via EarEEG signals recorded from the ear canal. Our current research in this field aims at maturing EarEEG methods towards specified tasks. In our Ear-EEG projects we are collaborating with leading universities on a global level, e.g. funded by the European Horizon 2020 program.

Eriksholm’s research has a strong international track record in applied science. We closely collaborate with leading universities around the world for finding the best solutions for the hearing healthcare of the future. Our efforts aim at implementing clinical audiology solutions supported by electronic processes and communication. We focus on the needs of people with hearing impairment and their clinicians. Our research does not only generate publications and patents, but also transforms the clinical practice and the operations of large hearing health care providers.

Your background
We are seeking candidates with a MSc or PhD degree in electrical engineering, biomedical engineering, technical audiology , data science, physics, or a related discipline. A strong interest in application-oriented work, as well as good English language skills are required.

Want to join the Eriksholm Research Centre?
If this opportunity appeals to you, then submit your application as soon as possible and no later than 1st August 2016. Please include the following documents: Letter of motivation; CV including a list publications, and; 2 -3 references (if possible). We will start interviewing in parallel, as soon as we get applications.

If you would like to know more about the position, you are welcome to contact Professor Thomas Lunner, Eriksholm, at +45 4829 8918.

Please apply through our e-recruitment system by visiting our career site: http://www.oticon.global/about/jobs/open-positions/

About Eriksholm
Eriksholm pursues audiological discoveries with the potential to significantly enhance end-user benefits in future hearing care. We work in close collaboration with academic research institutions, clinicians and end-users, and being part of Oticon ensures that our scientific insights are applied in solutions that empower people with hearing loss.

Thomas Lunner
Senior Scientist, Professor, PhD

Research Area Manager, Cognitive Hearing Science

Eriksholm Research Centre

Rørtangvej 20

3070 Snekkersten

Denmark