2nd CfP Summer School on Human Technology Cooperation 2016 [Deadline extended]: smart@work - Dresde

-- Sorry for cross postings --

Call for participation:  smart@work

Dresden International Summer School

on Human Technology Cooperation 2016

28th September – 5th October 2016

http://smartatwork.org/

NEW closing date for applications: July 17, 2016

Dear colleagues,

we invite you to participate at the International Summer School on Human Technology Cooperation "smart@work", which will be held in Dresden, Germany, from September 28 to October 5, 2016. The event mainly targets PhD students, researchers and skilled practitioners.

The Summer School provides a multi-perspective view on designing how people interact with technology. We are going to explore one of the main research challenges in the field of human technology cooperation in complex, dynamic cyber-physical Systems: How do highly automated and dynamic systems need to be designed in order to enable people and technology to cooperate as partners on equal footing, and to benefit from their respective strengths?

For eight days, PhD students and postdocs from around the world will discuss and elaborate a vision of being smart@work. Leading international scientists will share their experience at a high international level. A broad mix of lectures, keynote speeches, workshops, hands-on sessions and excursions (will stimulate the academic exchange and foster focused, results-oriented, and high-quality scientific work. The workshop is held in English and will be accompanied by leisure activities in the beautiful city of Dresden, the cosmopolitan German metropolis of art and science.

We are happy to welcome three internationally recognized experts as keynote speakers:

    Prof. Stephen Brewster (Multimodal Interaction Group, University of Glasgow)

    Prof. Patrick Baudisch (Human Computer Interaction Lab, Hasso Plattner Institute at Potsdam University)

    Axel Platz (Corporate Technology – User Interface Design, Siemens AG)

Further information and recent news can be found at  http://smartatwork.org/

Besides an interesting week, we also offer all participants basic financial support:

-          Free accommodation, basic meals, local transport

-          Travel allowance up to several hundred Euros (depending on individual travel costs)

To apply or to inquire further information send an email to

< smartatwork@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:smartatwork@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  >.

Information what is needed for your application can be found at

http://smartatwork.org/participation/

The registration is open until July 17, 2016.

On behalf of the organizing team

Ercan Altinsoy

Prof. Dr.-Ing. habil. Ercan Altinsoy

Chair of Acoustic & Haptic Engineering

Faculty of Electrical and Computer Engineering

Technische Universitaet Dresden

Helmholtzstr. 18

01062 Dresden, Germany

(Room 54)