From: AUDITORY - Research in Auditory Perception [AUDITORY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] on behalf of Brian Gygi [bgygi@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: April 28, 2016 12:26 PM
To: AUDITORY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Auditory Imagery Task

Dear Francesca,

As part of a study on the perceptual structure of environmental sounds, I had participants imagine environmental sounds and rate their similarity.  I found the resulting similarity matrix closely resembled the similarity matrix of environmental sounds which were actually heard.  I have attached the paper which describes these and a couple of other studies on environmental sounds.  If you like, I can send you the protocol for the imagined sound experiment, and feel free to ask me any questions.

Best of luck,

Brian