De: Fatima Husain <husainf@xxxxxxxxxx>
Para: AUDITORY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Enviado: Martes 1 de septiembre de 2015 16:59
Asunto: Re: [AUDITORY] Question about using music samples in research

Thank you all who replied both here on the List and backchannel to me.
I think we have a plan of action -- we will try for copyright-free music but if that is
not possible we will use music from CDs/downloads that we bought.

There was an earlier thread on this issue: http://www.auditory.org/mhonarc/2012/msg00782.html
and in the immortal words of Robert Zatorre,  "the party is more fun".
 "So I'm not sure why it would make a difference if you have a CD and play it during a party, or play it while someone is inside an fMRI scanner, as we have done (except that the party is more fun)."

Best,
Fatima