Job available in Scotland: post-doc on EOG and signal processing

Dear List,

There is an opportunity for a two year post doctoral fellowship at the Scottish Section of the MRC Institute of Hearing Research. The successful applicant will work with Drs Owen Brimijoin (IHR), Bernd Porr (Glasgow Uni), and Graham Naylor (Eriksholm-Oticon) on a project investigating the feasibility of using in-ear measurements of eye position to guide hearing aid directionality. The project will use electrooculograms (EOG), conductive ear moulds, optical eye and head motion tracking, digital signal processing, microphone arrays, as well as our extensive audiological and auditory testing facilities.

To join us you will need:
A PhD in hearing research, experimental psychology, neuroscience, biomedical engineering or a related field.
Expertise in digital signal processing.
Experience with experiment design, implementation, analysis, write-up, and dissemination.
Background with biosignals (EOG, ECG, EMG), embedded coding, electronics, C, Matlab, Python, inertial motion sensors, motion tracking, and/or hearing aid signal processing.
A strong publication record.
Full training will be given in all aspects of the job.  (IHR encourages a learning environment and the senior staff are always willing to teach and explain). There will also be the opportunity to attend relevant MRC training courses to develop broader-based skills important for further career development.

Applications are handled by the UK Shared Business Services; to apply please visit our job board at:
http://www.topcareer.jobs/Vacancy/irc196393_5497.aspx

For more information on the post, please visit this site:
http://www.ihr.mrc.ac.uk/vacancies
or email me with informal inquiries (owen.brimijoin[at]ihr.gla.ac.uk)

Please forward this to any and all promising candidates

all the best,
-Owen.

W. Owen Brimijoin, PhD
Senior Investigator Scientist