Summer School @ Donders : Neural Metrics 2.0

Dear Auditory List,

I would like to draw your attention to a summer school we are organizing during this summer at the Donders Institute / Radboud University this year. Please distribute this announcement to students and colleagues interested in connectomics and quantitative methods in general. Please find the announcement below.

Best wishes,

Bernhard Englitz, Ph.D.
Department of Neurophysiology
Donders Centre for Neuroscience
Faculty of Science, Radboud Universiteit
Heyendaalseweg 135, 6525 AJ Nijmegen

Neural Metrics 2.0 : Connectomics & Large-Scale Methods

The Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition and Behaviour/Radboud University is organizing a summer school on neural metrics with the aim to get participants acquainted with the quantitative analysis of neural organisation and function. In Neural Metrics 2.0 we will build on the success from the previous year, focussing on methods for understanding brain networks such as connectomics as well as large scale and Bayesian methods, with world class speakers, hands-on tutorials, student projects and an interactive debate. The topics covered range from cellular connectomics to human functional connectomics.

The course is designed for PhD students and starting postdoctoral researchers working at the interface between cognitive neuroscience and the application of advanced methods. Please consult the Radboud Summer school website (http://www.ru.nl/radboudsummerschool/) for details on the program, social events and registration. Further details for the Neural Metrics Summer School can be found below and on the website  (http://www.ru.nl/radboudsummerschool/courses/brain-behaviour/@972443/neural-metrics-2-0-0/).

Dates :    Monday 10 August - Friday 14 August 2015 (1 week)

Application Deadline :   15 June 2015

Course leaders :
Bernhard Englitz, Marcel van Gerven, Fleur Zeldenrust, Tansu Celikel
Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition and Behaviour & Radboud University

Participant profile :
This course was developed for PhD students and early postdoctoral researchers working at the interface between cellular and cognitive neuroscience requiring advanced methods of analysis. This includes research in the field of Neuroscience with an MSc in Biology, Computer Science, Psychology, Physics, Al, Mathematics, Engineering or a similar major.

Admission requirements :
As part of the admission procedure, we ask you to send us your CV and a brief motivation letter in which you explain your interest in our course.

Course fee : 600 Euros
The course fee includes the registration fee, course materials, access to library and IT facilities, coffee/tea, lunch, and a number of social activities. Accommodation is available for the course participants (additional charges apply). For details please see http://www.ru.nl/radboudsummerschool/practical-matters/housing/

Discounts :
• 15% discount for students and PhD candidates from Radboud University and partner universities,
• 10% Early bird discount deadline: 1 April 2015

Confirmed Speakers (alphabetical):
> Misha Ahrens (HHMI, Janelia)
> Matthias Bethge (University Tübingen)
> Romain Brette (Institut de la Vision, Paris)
> Kevin Briggman (NIH, Bethesda)
> Tansu Celikel (Donders Institute, Nijmegen)
> Moritz Helmstädter (MPI for Brain Research, Frankfurt)
> Henry Kennedy (INSERM, Lyon)
> Timm Lochmann (TU Berlin)
> Jan Schnupp (Oxford University)
> Alessandro Treves (SISSA, Trieste)