Post-Doctoral Position available studying cochlear implants at New York University

Just in time for ARO, we are starting to look to hire a new post-doctoral researcher.  If you are interested in finding out more about the position, please email me or come and find me at ARO.

David

Post-Doctoral Position in Cochlear Implant Research Available

Interested in working as a researcher in the field of cochlear implants? There is a post-doctoral position available in the Landsberger lab in the Department of Otolaryngology at the New York University School of Medicine in New York City.

We are searching for a post-doctoral researcher who will conduct research in the field of cochlear implants in collaboration with the PI as well as all other members of the lab. A Ph.D. in a field related to auditory research, such as Biomedical Engineering, Neuroscience, Psychology, or Audiology is required.  Applicants with understanding of cochlear implants, psychophysics, and software programming are highly encouraged to apply.  The candidate will be encouraged to seek their own funding and develop an independent career.

About the lab: In the lab, we study basic properties of electrical stimulation with goals of both improving performance with a cochlear implant as well as developing a better understanding of the auditory system. The research in the laboratory involves studying the interface between the electrode and the corresponding stimulated neurons with cochlear implants.  Primary topics of interest involve reshaping electric fields in the cochlea, understanding the relationship between rate and place coding throughout the cochlea, and working with patients who have both acoustic and electric hearing. The research methodology is primarily psychophysical; however, both objective measures and performance with experimental speech processors are measured in the lab.

Culturally, the lab is interactive. In addition to working closely with our research subjects and other members of the lab, we work heavily with external groups. We have a number of active domestic and international academic collaborations as well as a strong relationship with industry. We expect the new post-doc to participate in the work with the external groups.

If you are interested in the position, please send your CV to David Landsberger at David.Landsberger@xxxxxxxxx  (mailing address:  550 First Avenue, NBV-5E5, Department of Otolaryngology, NYU School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016).

--
David Landsberger, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Department of Otolaryngology