Re: USB sound cards

It depends entirely on the design of the transducer and the enclosure it's in.

And, in fact, the answer may vary at different frequencies.

Sorry!

jj

On Fri, Dec 19, 2014 at 12:03 AM, Oberfeld-Twistel, Daniel <oberfeld@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Dear Bob,

thanks for clarifying this! So I overlooked that the R is inside the feedback loop, embarrassing... That's why I said don't trust my opinion as a psychologist, I wished to have a better understanding of these EE design issues...

But what is the bottom line - is low output impendance better, or do Jont's analyses indicate the opposite?

Daniel

PD Dr. Daniel Oberfeld-Twistel
Johannes Gutenberg - Universitaet Mainz
Department of Psychology
Experimental Psychology
Wallstrasse 3
55122 Mainz
Germany

Phone ++49 (0) 6131 39 39274
Fax   ++49 (0) 6131 39 39268
http://www.staff.uni-mainz.de/oberfeld/
https://www.facebook.com/WahrnehmungUndPsychophysikUniMainz

--
James D. (jj) Johnston
Independent Audio and Electroacoustics Consultant