Thank you for the thoughtful reply. I just wanted to say that this email covered everything that I was going to put in a similar email (sans the last item about leaving the list.. :)..). I feel this is a wonderful medium we have and we should use it fully with no censoring, and let people exchange ideas, papers, criticism and anything else related to auditory topics.
From: AUDITORY - Research in Auditory Perception [AUDITORY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] on behalf of Giuseppe Buzzanca [pino.buzzanca@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, April 03, 2014 11:32 AM
Subject: Re: [AUDITORY] Excessive requests for papers
please allow me a few very short considerations. I apologize in advance.
1. I do not feel “bombarded” at all by paper requests;
2. I believe that this topic (paper requests) has been discussed in the past, and it has been decided that it is ok to ask for papers;
3. There might be a certain number of us living in places or working for universities where it can be objectively hard to readily get papers, even if these papers can be deemed “regularly available” by others who maybe live in richer parts of the world or work for wealthier universities;
4. One of the purposes of a list like this one should be to provide scientists with the ability to access information and data from multiple sources (papers included);
5. I personally feel VERY uncomfortable when someone intervenes to censor (maybe arbitrarily?) other Colleagues.
6. I know this is not important at all, but should this happen again, I would have no other choice but leaving the list right away.
Best regards, Giuseppe Buzzanca Pd.D., M.D.
2014-04-03 10:25 GMT+02:00 Brian FG Katz <brian.katz@xxxxxxxx>:
Dear Auditory List,
Le informazioni contenute in questo
messaggio di posta elettronica sono
riservate e confidenziali e ne e' vietata la
diffusione in qualunque
modoeseguita.Qualora Lei non fosse la
persona a cui il presente messaggio e'
destinato, La invitiamo gentilmente ad
eliminarlo dopo averne dato tempestiva
comunicazione al mittente e a non
utilizzare in alcun caso il suo
contenuto.Qualsivoglia utilizzo non
autorizzato di questo messaggio e dei suoi
eventuali allegati espone il responsabile
alle relative conseguenze civili e penali.
De inhoud van dit bericht is vertrouwelijk en alleen bestemd voor de geadresseerde(n). Anderen dan de geadresseerde(n) mogen geen gebruik maken van dit bericht, het niet openbaar maken of op enige wijze verspreiden of vermenigvuldigen. Het UMCG kan niet aansprakelijk gesteld worden voor een incomplete aankomst of vertraging van dit verzonden bericht.
The contents of this message are confidential and only intended for the eyes of the addressee(s). Others than the addressee(s) are not allowed to use this message, to make it public or to distribute or multiply this message in any way. The UMCG cannot be held responsible for incomplete reception or delay of this transferred message.