Seeking citation for multiple conditions interleaved adaptive tracks.

I am conducting an experiment in which we are testing the thresholds for 7 different conditions using a 3 down 1 up adaptive track procedure. In order to account for slow changes in attention or fatigue, we randomly interleave all seven condition's adaptive tracks. Every seven trials the conditions are reshuffled, and all conditions are tested again.

I have anecdotally been told this is a common procedure in single neuron recording as the conditions of the neurons will drift over time.

I was hoping someone might know of a citation for this method of cycling through randomly interleaved conditions to account for slow changes in the subject's attention or fatigue.

Thanks,
Dean Pospisil
Research Assistant UW I-Labs