Re: [AUDITORY] PESQ

Dear Omid, your doubt qualifies you as a scientist :) I could not
believe it either...
Here is the web site:
http://www.opticom.de/licensing/pesq.php

These are the exact numbers (obtained from Opticom by email):
PEXQ SW Suite incl. POLQA (executable) regular is 8.900,00 EUR ./.
academic discount 30 %. (To clarify: it's a one-off, not per annum) It
was made clear to me that I cannot publish results obtained using my
PESQ code in an academic journal without a license.

The algorithms are freely available (I got them from Loizou's
fantastic "speech enhancement" book), but that apparently doesn't mean
that we can use them for free...

All of that now raises the question: what is the best speech quality
algorithm that we can use for free. My current favourite: segSNR. But
I am not sure any more that this actually IS free. What do you think?

Stefan