From: AUDITORY - Research in Auditory Perception [AUDITORY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] on behalf of Stefan Bleeck [bleeck@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, July 23, 2013 9:43 AM
To: AUDITORY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [AUDITORY] PESQ

I just found out that the _academic_ use of PESQ (perceptual
evaluation of speech quality, ITU recommendation P.862), that is
described with MATLAB source code Âin Loizou's Speech Enhancement
book, requires a license that costs around $7000 per year. I write
this as a warning for others against using it (unless you happen to
have the spare cash), because we didn't know this and did a lot of
work with it that we now can't publish.

--
Dr. Stefan Bleeck
Hearing and Balance Centre