Info / reminder - Hearing Industry Research Consortium

Dear all,
The hearing aid industry's largest manufacturers have collaborated to create the Hearing Industry Research Consortium (IRC) to develop and direct a non-competitive, mutually agreed upon research agenda benefitting the hearing aid industry, its customers, and end users.

As its first act, the IRC is requesting proposals for a research project on the interaction of cognition and hearing aids. The $300,000 grant pool is open to research labs around the world.

The IRC board is comprised of the heads of research from the top hearing aid manufacturers in the world including GN ReSound's Andrew Dittberner; Oticon's Graham Naylor; Phonak's Stefan Launer; Siemens' Joel Beilin; Starkey Hearing Technologies' Brent Edwards; and Widex' Lars Sunesen.

Further details are available on the IRC web site at www.hearingirc.com.

The deadline for proposals is November 1, 2012, and decisions will be announced by December 31, 2012.

I am chairman of IRC for 2012, and enquiries may be directed to me or any of the others named above.

Regards,
Graham Naylor
Director,
Eriksholm Research Centre,