Re: UNSUBSCRIBE

Hi Stefan,

Your suggestion is interesting, but I'm quite sure that it's much
easier and more reliable to get the human sender to insert a simple
phrase in the "Subject" field of the email, rather than develop
intelligent software that could understand, from the content of the
message, that this was a job offer.

May I suggest that we try using the phrase "Position available"
(without the quotes) as the first two words in the Subject field (no
other constraints -- any words may follow), and see how it works out?
Some people may choose to filter out these messages; others, like
myself, may choose to group them, then read them.  I'll set up a
filter on my email (which ends up in Gmail) that will attach the label
JOB-OFFER to any such message coming from AUDITORY and see if I manage
to pick up all the job announcements.  [To people unfamiliar with
Gmail: A label in Gmail works like a folder in Outlook, except that a
message can effectively be in two or more "folders" at the same time.
Instead of looking in a specific folder, one searches one's messages
by using a Boolean function of the labels (I'm not trying to sell
Gmail, but I find it convenient,].

If people decide, after a while, that this constraint on the first two
words in the Subject field of job announcements is too onerous, we can
drop the idea.

Best to all,
Al
Albert S. Bregman, Emeritus Professor
Psychology Department, McGill University
1205 Doctor Penfield Avenue
Montreal, QC, Canada H3A 1B1.
Office:Â Phone: (514) three-nine-eight-6103,
              Fax: (514) three-nine-eight-4896
http://webpages.mcgill.ca/staff/Group2/abregm1/web/