Smartphone use by the hearing impaired?

Dear List -

I'm working on a proposal to develop a smartphone application to help
deaf and hearing-impaired individuals recognize sound events in their
environment.

We're trying to gather information on how many potential users
actually own smartphones. ÂWe've put together a survey on the
viability of smartphone sound recognition apps for the
hearing-impaired:

Âhttps://www.surveymonkey.com/s/sounds_survey

Do you have suggestions for how we can reach out to the
hearing-impaired community to have them participate in the survey?

Thanks a lot,

ÂDAn.