Re: Searching for animal research on the processing of a change within a sound (that changes from constant frequency to varying frequency)

Hi Annekathrin,
I don't know about animals, but in humans there are several such studies. See e.g.:

Jones SJ (2002)The internal auditory clock: what can evoked potentials reveal about
the analysis of temporal sound patterns, and abnormal states of consciousness? Neurophysiol Clin. 32:241-53.

Chait M, Poeppel D, de Cheveigné A, Simon JZ. (2007a)  Processing Asymmetry of Transitions between Order and Disorder in Human Auditory Cortex. J Neurosci. 27: 5207-14

Chait M, Poeppel D, Simon JZ. (2008) Auditory temporal edge detection in human auditory cortex. Brain Res. 1213:78-90.

Best wishes,
--Maria

Maria Chait PhD
m.chait@xxxxxxxxx