Re: slightly OT: raw audio file format

Raw audio data can be any format - it's probably 16-bit PCM, but could be a-law, mu-law, or any other codec.

If it is PCM, the byte ordering could be either MSB or LSB first. The sample rate and data format must be known a-priori - the information is not stored in the file. You can try importing the data into a program such as audacity, and select different options until you find settings that give a reasonable-sounding signal, but the best solution is to contact the person who created the files and ask them!

Good luck!

Steve Beet