Re: AUDITORY Digest - 6 Oct 2009 to 7 Oct 2009 (#2009-230)

*************
You reply: "This is a meaningless indicator. If you drive a truck over
someone's head and crush their skull, they will become blind. Does it
follow that you see with your skull?"

I don't get it.

                            Didier
***************
I didn't get it either...

...and according to that logic, phantom limb pain is generated...in the missing limb!?
Most people I think believe that it is caused by some kind of maladaptive reorganization in the central nervous system. I only bring it up because phantom phenomena have been often proposed as a model for tinnitus.

But it's not my idea, so if you don't like it, don't yell at me, ok?

Robert

Robert Zatorre
Montreal Neurological Institute
McGill University