Re: AUDITORY Digest - 6 Oct 2009 to 7 Oct 2009 (#2009-230)

A review of tinnitus by Byung In Han, et al,  is given in free full text format at
http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=2686891

(J Clin Neurol. 2009 March; 5(1): 11–19.
Published online 2009 March 31. doi: 10.3988/jcn.2009.5.1.11.)

He points out that there are several types of tinnitus.  He discusses
characteristics, causes, mechanisms, and treatments

Robert Folmer of OHSU's Tinnitus Clinic compares tinnitus, and the treatment, to phantom pain after limb loss.
http://www.audiologyonline.com/articles/article_detail.asp?article_id=245http:
(  Also, Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery, Volume 124, Issue 4, Pages 394-400)

Margaret