Own voice versus recorded voice perception

This is an interesting discussion yet, so far, I see it dealing with only one part of the issue -- that of the physics (the metric).

I recently saw an extended video of myself and it certainly wasn't the "me" I know. Had the face been removed (with the particular clothes ...) I don't think I would have recognized myself with much certainty.

The voice I hear inside my head when I write this text (and possibly the voice you hear when you read it), may have an identity which is [or has become] independent of the metric aspect. When I have a cold, I still 'recognize' my voice for (to me) some fundamental aspect of the identity of the voice remains identifiable, almost regardless of the degree of transformation.

The complexity I experience here is not of the perception of the recorded voice, but the 'identity' of my own.

FWIW

Best

Kevin