From: AUDITORY - Research in Auditory Perception [mailto:AUDITORY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Makoto Fukushima
Sent: vrijdag 10 april 2009 18:37
To: AUDITORY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: own voice versus recorded voice perception

There is a review on bone conduction sound:

Stenfelt and Goode. Bone-conducted sound: Physiological and clinical aspects. Otol Neurotol (2005) vol. 26 (6) pp. 1245-1261

The following study suggests that  bone conduction sound dominates perception of a person's own voice for frequencies between 700 Hz and 1200 Hz.

Pörschmann. Influences of Bone Conduction and Air Conduction on the Sound of One's Own Voice. Acta Acustica united with Acustica (2000)

Best,

Makoto