Re: Speech Database Collection: Preferred equipment/soundcards?

I think that for a recording like that any soundcard/audio interface
(including USB ones) from companies such as M-Audio, Edirol, E-mu,
Tascam, Alesis, Echo audio. I recommend that you check website of a
good online vendor (like Sweetwater, Fullcompass, zZounds etc.),
probably anything they carry will be good enough (and many will be too
good).

Once you are above the level of noisy on-board (laptop and desktop)
soundcards it is much more important to have a good microphone, good
recording environment, and a decent preamp (which may be built in in
your audio interface). Please note that different types of microphones
require different preamps and/or inputs on your audio interface.

Pawel

--
Pawel Kusmierek PhD
Department of Physiology and Biophysics