Re: Java audio applications

Thanks Kris, I'll check it out.
Bill

On 8/12/08, kris west <kris.west@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Unfortunately, Marsyas is C++ but probably does have Java and/or python bindings. Ju-Lee is right in that the http://www.music-ir.org/evaluation/tools.html is the best place to look to for music related code.

M2K (Music-2-knowledge) provides a number of DSP and machine learning components in java. No actual pitch shifting code - but plenty of other pieces that you could perhaps build a vocoder or similar from. The released version is quite out of date as its in transition from a proprietary data-flow environment (D2K) to an open-source one (Meandre) - but has been separated into the data-flow wrappers and library code, which I am happy to supply.

M2K contains lots of utilities including audio decoders and enframers, windows, FFTs, filters and filterbanks, maths tools and components used to build many feature extractors (used in music classification/search), PCA, LDA, machine learning algorithms (including interfaces to weka), IO tools etc.

Let me know if this would help and I can send along code and javadocs.