Re: normalizing pitch in human speech

We do that pretty well in SuperVP/AudioSculpt:
- do pitch analysis
- transpose accordingly to any fixed (or not) reference
thats's it

Regards

Mathias Oechslin a Ãcrit :
Dear List,

We like to produce speech stimuli which are characterized by normalized pitch hight - so called flattened speech. That means, finally the speech signal does not contain pitch changes anymore,Ã but remains easy understandable.

I imagine that the allorythm has to do FFT, definition of the normalized pitch, afterwards resynthesis.

Does anyone has any experience with this?

thanx for all ideas,

Mathias

Mathias Oechslin, lic. phil.

Doktorand

Lehrstuhl fÃÂr Neuropsychologie

Psychologisches Institut

UniversitÃÂt ZÃÂrich

Telefon: +41 44 635 74 07

Faxà à : +41 44 635 74 09

m.oechslin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

http://www.psychologie.unizh.ch/neuropsy

Xavier Rodet -- rod@xxxxxxxx --  33 (0)1 44 78 48 68, Fax: 33 (0)1 44 78 15 40
Responsable de l'Equipe Analyse/Synthese - Head of the Analysis/Synthesis Team
IRCAM 1 place Stravinsky 75004 Paris FRANCE --  W3 site : http://www.ircam.fr/
W3 site of Analysis/Synth. Team: http://www.ircam.fr/equipes/analyse-synthese/