Re: Developmental studies on Auditory Scene Analysis

Dear AnneMarie,

We have done a recent study on the development of auditory stream segregation:

Sussman, E., Wong, R., Horváth, J., Winkler, I. & Wang, W. (2007). The development of the perceptual organization of sound by frequency separation in 5-11 year-old children. Hearing Research, 225, 117-127.

Best,
Elyse

> Dear List,
>
> does anybody know whether there have been studies on developmental
> aspects of Auditory Scene Analysis, especially with the classical
> Bregman-paradigms? Are there related studies on possible performance
> differences between non-musicians and trained musicians?
>
> Thank you very much in advance!
>
> Annemarie
>

> Priv.-Doz. Dr. Annemarie Seither-Preisler
>
> Karl-Franzens-Universität Graz
> Institut für Psychologie
> Cognitive Science Section (CSS)
> Universitätsplatz 2
> A-8010 Graz
> Österreich
>
> Tel.: 0043 / 316 / 380 / 8544
> Fax: 0043 / 316 / 380 / 9806
> Email: annemarie.seither-preisler@xxxxxxxxxxx

Elyse S. Sussman, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Dominick P. Purpura Department of Neuroscience
Albert Einstein College of Medicine
1410 Pelham Parkway S
Bronx, NY  10461  USA

Ph: 1-718-430-3313