Re: auditory scrambling

Dear all,

Here is another twist on scrambling sounds.  I finally located the Java
applet I wrote some time back that does that.  In addition to braking up
sounds in equal duration segments and shuffling them, it also gives an
option of putting the pieces back together.  When I was writing it, I had
some training applications in mind, but that project, unfortunately, never
took off.  If anyone finds this interesting and worthy of pursuing further,
I would be interested in collaborating.  Also, I can send my highly
amateurish Java code, if anyone want to play with others sounds, since
applets do not allow to select files from local machines (as far as I now).
Finally, the utterance examples used there were selected merely for their
convenience and accessibility -- not to make any statements.

Here's the link: http://www.rushu.rush.edu/cds/arl/sonicpuzzle/

Happy Holidays to all!

Valeriy

Valeriy Shafiro