Re: auditory scrambling

Hi Mathias,

I did this some years ago in Matlab and also in Java (with less controls).
I was trying to see how difficult putting speech,music or scenes together
becomes based on segment duration and number.  But, unfortunately it never
got to a formal experiment.  One curious effect I remember is that when you
'scramble' a speech utterance of a single talker into very short segments
(I want to say 50 -100 ms long, but I don't remember precisely now), you
actually hear more than one talker, which is not all that surprising I
thought given the discontinuities introduced during scrambling.  If you are
interested, I can look if I still have the code.

Best,

Valeriy

Valeriy Shafiro
Communication Disorders and Sciences