Date:    Mon, 6 Aug 2007 13:15:43 +1000
From:    Chris Share <cshare01@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Theory of Timbre Perception

Hi,

I'm looking for information related to the mechanism of timbre perception in human listeners. I realise that timbre perception relies on the perception of loudness and pitch, however I'm having trouble finding anything that specifically addresses the theory of timbre perception (am I Googling in the wrong places?). I'm not interested in articles on how listeners classify timbre.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards,

Chris