Re: Psychoacoutics experiments with large N

Mershon and King used 160 subjects (80 for each condition) - "Intensity and reverberation as factors in the auditory perception of egocentric distance", Perception and Psychophysics (1975), Vol 18

In a related experiment but I think using different subjects, Mershon and Bowers used 200 subjects (100 for each condition) "Absolute and relative cues for the auditory perception of egocentric distance", Perception (1979), Vol 18

Hope this helps,

Alastair Moore

--
Research Student