Re: Shape of background noise

While useful for studying the changes in background noise over the last 65 years, the last reference is probably not applicable to characterization of nearly any modern built environment.  I believe that changes in building construction and building systems along changes in outdoor environmental noises make such a dated study inappropriate.  I would suggest that you avoid references before the mid 80's.

Ralph

--
Ralph T. Muehleisen
Assistant Professor, Civil and Architectural Engineering