Shape of background noise

Hi,

I’m looking for some basic references showing spectra of “common” background noises (i.e. restaurant, office, outside near a street, etc…). I imagine there is some classic reference that (similar to Pearsons et al., for the speech people) that provides this type of data but I’ve not been able to find it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Much,

Ben

Benjamin W.Y. Hornsby, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Department of Hearing and Speech Sciences
Graduate Studies and Research
Room 8310 Medical Center East, South Tower
1215 21st Ave. South, Nashville, TN 37232-8242

Phone: 615-936-5132
Fax: 615-936-6914
e-mail: ben.hornsby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx