----Original Message----

From: ddeutsch@xxxxxxxx

Date: Dec 12, 2006 13:45

Subj: sometimes behave so strangely

Dear list,

I've had a number of requests for the sound demonstration I presented at the recent ASA meeting in Honolulu, in which the spoken phrase 'sometimes behave so strangely' following several repetitions, appears convincingly to be sung rather than spoken - though there is no musical context and no physical transformation of the sound. This demonstration, together with spoken commentary, is on my CD 'Phantom Words and Other Curiosities' (available from Philomel Records - http://www.philomel.com).

The sound demonstration is also posted on the website:

http://philomel.com/phantom_words/description.html#sometimes

and it's described in the booklet accompanying the CD, which is posted at:

http://philomel.com/phantom_words/booklet/

Happy Holidays!

Diana Deutsch

Professor Diana Deutsch